I feel so bad, poor Lexee woke up with a cold today. She has a stuffy nose and coughing and a goopy left eye. I don't know what to do for her either, so if anyone knows better please let me know. I don't think I can give her medicine so does it just have to run it's course?
8 comments:
nurse her as much as she will let you. Your milk will heal her. gosh I sound like a nut case but it is true...and cuddle her lots
Poor baby! I would be freaking out because they are so helpless! I haven't even begun to learn what to do when a baby is sick. I guess I better read up before November.
To help the stuffiness you can use a humidifier at night and spray saline solution and then suction it back out. The eye problem Libby had in one eye, then both, then back to one again and then it finally cleared up completely. She had that for about 2-2.5 months. Some babies have it for up to one year, her body should clear it up on its own. Nursing is by far the best way to heal the cold the quickest. Breast is ALWAYS BEST!!!
I would have to second using saline drops for her little nose and nursing. Both my kids have had the eye problem. More than likely it's a clogged tear duct. There are couple different things for that
1.Massage the inside(where it meets her nose) of her eye, with a warm wash cloth, in a circular motion. As many times a day as you can remember
2.Put a drop of breast milk in the eye
Skylee had it for couple months and Parker had his for 4 months, but when I put the breast milk in there, it went away, I know it sounds strange, but it worked for me :)
Hope she starts feeling a better, good luck!
I was just going to give my advice, but I see it has already been given. So, I agree with the humidifier, the saline drops {big fan of those}, and yes the breast milk in the eye! It worked for Scarlet! Don't think it's too crazy! Poor baby I hate it when they get sick! She is such a darling little girl!
I agree also with the saline drops and the nose sucker. I used the brand Ayr Saline drops. Yes humidifier helps a lot. Brooke also got the eye junk going inbetween both eyes. I got a prescription for eye drops and it cleared right up. Good luck!
Buy some saline and put it in her nose and then suction it out. That will help her runny nose, but make sure that the suction bulb is the small one not the big one. Humidifiers help tons and nurse her a lot! Breast milk is like the magic medicine! Poor little one! I hope she gets better soon!
Do the saline for the nose. Its a life saver. I don't actually suction anything out, I just put it in and then let the nose run and wipe it, since Charlie never stood for the suction thing. I also would run the shower with hot water and sit in the bathroom with him as a steam room (just sit in there, not in the actual shower). Good luck. It is the worst when they are sick.
Post a Comment