June 27, 2010

House progress

So here is a sneak peek of things to come.... My laundry room is mostly done. Just needs some plumbing things done and we can hook everything back up!
I was SOOO grateful that Dally came into town for the weekend! He didn't come to help me with the house, but he ended up spending most of his Saturday there anyway. Him, Andrew and Sagers came and helped me get SOOO much done! And I am SOOO grateful for all their help!
So below if the Living area before...
And here is after a long day of painting. Andrew got a little shut eye for a sec, while Sage vaccuumed the chairs really well. Lexee was such a good girl that day, she slept in her jumperoo for 2 hours while a whole bunch of racket was going on. And it was hilarious cause she would jump in her sleep if sudden noises were made, or her jumperoo starting singing it's song.... but kept sleeping... it was really funny. And I would have moved her to the bed, but I'm pretty sure if I did, she would have woke up... i didn't want to take my chances... But anyhow...


Here is the first paint put up in the Living room... Dallin saw from the kitchen the pattern Andrew had put up and said "IT LOOKS LIKE AUSTRALIA!" (that's where he served his mission) SO of course we had to take a picture! Plus it shows off the old and the new. This blue is what color is staying in the kitchen, and the new color is called beach walk! I love it! The rest of the walls were green...
And here is what I call the "fireplace room" ... this is probably my favorite room next to the laundry room! I am so excited for it's potential!
So far, "we" (being Cody) have tore out the old falling off cabinets. I was sad they were not in great shape, cause I did love having that storage....
but it is going to look so nice... we are getting the walls retextured and I'm still debating on the paint color... but I just am so excited for it all! And notice the door on the left side... it goes into the room a couple pictures down.
This is the view from the fireplace out to the kitchen.
This is the room I was talking about. I scraped the popcorn ceiling...
And Cody and my father-in-law opened up this little closet. I didn't get a before picture, but this is a half way point...
This is where it is at now. Striped down.
It's going to be a great little nook. This room is going to be my massage room!
sooo...YAY for progress!!! That's it for now! :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! I can't wait to see more!

Nelson said...

WOW sister i am so excitied to come see it. its looking great!

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

wow you guys are working hard!! you're making progress! good job. and so exciting about lexees first step. i can't believe you'll be posting about her turning one years old in a month!

Wendi said...

It's looking good girl. Your hard work is showing and appreciated for sure. Thanks, and enjoy....