June 10, 2010

update

So our cute little Lexee has accomplished coming down the stairs!! I wish I had it video-ed but I'll just have to describe it.... It has dawned on me today that she has me all figured out!! I was determined to let her come down by herself today... Usually the day consists of her figuring out the gate isn't up and in seconds is upstairs crying for me to come get her. As great of an exercise that it is... I just want her to be able to come back down. So since she wasn't coming I turned her around and pulled one leg down, and she went down a couple steps but went back up and cried for me to carry her. So I went down to the other landing (I have an L-shape staircase) and hid around the corner so she would come. She starts balling so I peek my head around the corner and she is still crying but with the smile on her face. It's pretty funny. So I come back into view and she goes into my massage room out of view... so I rush up the stairs to stop her from getting into stuff... and tho and behold she is pulling my same trick! She stopped right inside the door just out of my view! She has a huge smile on her face... like a "I got you face"... So I didn't pick her up I just smiled back and made my way to the bottom of her view. She started to cry again, but she did turn herself around!! She went down one step sat down, turned out and cried for me to get her. So I compromised... I brought her half way down but she had to do the rest! And she did!! I think the applause was helpful in helping her get down faster too. She was so funny. So now I know she can come down... still of course with supervision for now, but she can do it!
The other thing she has final done is sit in her little high chair and I put some puffs in front of her and she was content for about 45 mins!! It was amazing what I could get done! Today is our second time, and so far so good right now. We do have a little mess on the floor, but she is eating some of it! YAY!! 10 months and finally eating food! It's a miracle! My milk jugs are sure appreciative of it! ;o)
And here is Lexee in her other accomplishment...
I didn't think she was even ready for this yet, so it's been in the closet. But the other day Max came over and wanted to play on it... so it stayed out and later that day Lexee started playing with it. Cody put her on and she was a natural rocker!
"Look Ma... No Hands"

She even got down all by herself! I was very impressed!

Last night for RS meeting we had a Purses and Pinwheels party with all Girls 0 to 100+ ... It was so fun! And I had us all matchy matchy! We had our Jean dresses with a brown accent, our pearls, braclets, and brown purses! Too bad she didn't smile for the picture, but at least Daddy took a picture for us!

4 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

I LOVE how smart she is that she knew you would come get her; what a little scamp she is! Anna loves the rocking horse too, she calls it her rocking pony. Hey so if you ever want to get her into washable markers, that keeps Anna busy for FOREVER. Also, try putting wax paper on the highchair and put chocolate syrup on it- like a quarter or more's worth in size. Have in just a diaper and let her go at it. Maybe show her it tastes good. It can be pretty dang funny

Nelson said...

so cute i love the matching outfits. she is getting to be a big girl1

Brittany said...

She is getting big and she looks so tall! Libby still doesn't come down the stairs but it's cuz I won't let her. Who knew you would have a little red head! Her hair is coming in and is looking so cute :)

Nelson said...

I love the mommy and me night out you look so beautiful. I love lexee s bracelet. What a fun night. She is getting so smart at trying new things. She looks like a pro on the rocking horse. Love, you two mom