July 22, 2009

projects

YAY!! Some projects finally finished!! We sanded down and restained this lovely little toy chest that I got from my dear friend Denna (thanks again) and we made a cute little cushion out of giraffe material I happened to have laying around! It turned out so cute. I'm proud. It's my first time staining anything, and it really could have been done better, but I just went with it. So it just looks antique like or something! But anyhow....

The other project was this little pillow I made for the rocking chair.

It turned out really nice. It's one you can remove so I can wash it if it gets any puke, milk or whatnot on it. :) but anyway just wanted to show what we did today and I'll post my other on-going projects soon!

9 comments:

Nelson said...

love it sister i think it looks cute you did a great job cant wait to see you love ya shell

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

You are so good! They both look great.

Wendi said...

Great job. I love all of it. I am so glad we got that camera so I can keep up on your new stuff. I am so proud of you for trying all this stuff. It looks really good. Love you

Tiffanie White said...

Oh. How fun!!! I have SO much to do still... Happy to know I have quite a few days and I WANT all of them. Not so sure about baby coming earlier because I NEED all this time!

So if you DO get induced on Monday then you'll be having her 2 days before my birthday. YAY :) Its a good birthday time, I'll tell you that!! She will be a leo and leos are awesome. lol, not like I know much about astrology stuff but I had to throw that in there :) :)

I am SO excited for you!! Good job on the projects, you have once again given me motivation and you sure are making me realize how fast the time comes!!

Kristina Rich said...

Good Job!! Staining is really hard to do!! I love the pillow too. Very cute material.

Bre said...

very cute projects. I love having things like that to do. Have fun with your mom in town. Hope the baby comes soon.

Kassi said...

I love that toy chest! It is so cute!

Jamie said...

cute! way to go girlie!

Tara said...

Looks great! I love that toy chest, those are hard to come by. You are oh so crafty and creative.